State to state pharmacy tech certification

by Chardae

If you have been certified in one state and move to another, Do you have to take the test over again?

Reply (by Keith)
As far as the PTCB and ExCPT exams go, no you don't. That is why they are called national certification. As long as your national certification is in effect and not expired, it is valid in any state that recognizes it. So if its PTCB, then all of the states recognize it. If it's through the ICPT/NHA than the new state may not.

What you will need to do is get in touch with the board of pharmacy in the state you're moving to and
1) See if they require national certification for licensing. 2) See if your national certification is accepted there. 3) Get an application for a license completed.

Currently, I'm in the process of relocating from Oregon to Arizona and I'm nationally certified with the PTCB. I was able to go online to the AZ BOP website and complete the Arizona application. Since Arizona accepts PTCB certification, I just had to attach a scanned copy of my PTCB certificate and Birth Certificate, along with some other personal information and pay the fee with a credit card. The process was very efficient and I expect to see my Arizona license in the mail within a week or so.

In other states, that process may be more complex. You'll just have to go on the BOP website and navigate to the pages dealing with
pharmacy technician certification.

Click here to post comments.

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How?
Simply click here to return to Ask a Question